Frequently Asked Questions
Tips, tricks and answers to common questions about configuring and using Bitbucket Cloud:
- What is a Slug
- Teams Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does the wrong username show in my commit messages?
- What kind of limits do you have on repository/file/upload size?
- Can I login with an account from another service?
- How to install a public key on your Bitbucket Cloud account
- What version of Mercurial and/or Git do you support?
- How is DVCS different from other version control systems
- Publishing a Website on Bitbucket Cloud
- Repositories in Read-Only Mode
- My GitBash SSH environment always asks for my passphrase, what can I do?
- How do I use SSH with SourceTree?
- How do I remove a redirect URL I supplied when I deleted my repo?
- How secure is my code? Is the service reliable?
- How do I remove or delete a tag from a Git repo?
- Do I need to run git gc (housekeeping) on my repo?
- Does Bitbucket backup my repository?
- Which browsers does Bitbucket support?
- Can I push multiple heads to the same branch?
- What are the guidelines for academic licenses
- Can I interoperate between Git and Mercurial repositories?
- Can I use markup in commit messages
- Can I claim an account with no activity?
- I deleted a repository or stripped commits, can you restore the data?
- What are the Bitbucket Cloud IP addresses I should use to configure my corporate firewall
Need More Help?
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!