Hipchat service management
Please refer to Use the Hipchat integration instead.
With this service, you can integrate Bitbucket Cloud with Hipchat with a repository. The service connects a single Hipchat room to one or more Bitbucket repositories. Once installed, the service sends a notification to the room each time a commit is made to the repository. You'd need to do this for each repository; you cannot configure it for multiple repositories.
As an alternative to using this service, you can use the Hipchat Bitbucket Connector add-on. The add-on results in the same behavior as the service. See Use the Hipchat integration in this documentation.
If you are having trouble with the service, see Troubleshoot Bitbucket Cloud services.
Setting Up the service
- Login to your Bitbucket Cloud account as a user with administrative rights to the repo(s) you would like to link.
- Go to the repository's homepage.
- Click the settings icon in the upper right of the page.
The system displays the repository settings.
- Select Services from the lefthand sidebar.
- Select Hipchat from the services dropdown list.
- Click Add service.
A new section appears for the Hipchat service. Enter the following information:
- Click Save settings.
Testing your service
If you have CuRL installed, you can test the token by filling in the fields with your values:
curl -v -X POST "https://api.hipchat.com/v1/rooms/message?format=json&auth_token=YOURTOKEN" -d "room_id=ROOM_ID&from=NAME&message=STRING"
How to create a Hipchat API token
- Log into Hipchat using an account with Group admin rights.
- Select the Group admin from the application menu.
- Choose the API tab.
- Set the token Type to Notification.
Use notification tokens for integrating Hipchat with other services.
- Press Create.
How to find a Hipchat room ID
- Log into Hipchat.
- Select the My account from the application menu.
- Choose the Rooms tab.
- Select the room you want.
- Look for the API ID field in the room information.