Integrate another application through OAuth
The protocol used to make the connection between one web application and another, is called OAuth. OAuth makes it easy for your users to grant this permission by displaying a dialog, similar to the following one, when connecting an application to Bitbucket Cloud.
Integrate an application by adding the OAuth consumer to the account:
- Log into Bitbucket Cloud.
If you are giving access to a team, make sure you have administrative access.
- From your profile icon in the top right corner, select Bitbucket settings.
- Press OAuth on the left side.
- Press Add consumer. The Add OAuth consumer page appears.
- Enter the application Name you want to integrate.
For example, you might enter
- Provide a brief Description to help recall why the link was made.
- Enter the Callback URL of the application. Bitbucket directs users to this URL after access authentication. For the sake of this example, you would enter:
You can also enter a second optional URL where users can learn more about your application.
- Now add Permissions to the integrated application. You can allow different types of access to each part of your account:
- Email: Permission to read your account's primary email address.
- Read: Permission to read your account's information, team membership, repositories, etc.
- Write: Permission to write to your account's information, team membership, repositories, etc.
- Admin: Permission to administer your account's repositories.
- Press Save.
Your addition appears in the list of OAuth consumers. Once the application successfully connects, it also appears in the OAuth Integrated applications list.
After you add your OAuth consumer, account owners or team administrators can give your application access to their Bitbucket account or team from the Grant Access button in the image above. Anything you could do when logged into Bitbucket, your application can do also. So for example, if they have read/write access to all of the Bitbucket account, your application does as well.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!