Use the Hipchat integration
Atlassian recently announced a strategic partnership with Slack that will impact Hipchat. Learn more.
Let your codebase join the conversation – integrate Bitbucket Cloud Cloud with Hipchat so your team can see updates in their repository activity:
- Pull requests – when they're created, commented, merged, and declined
- Commits – when they're pushed and commented
- Issues – when they're created, updated, and commented
- Pipelines builds – build status updates from
Bitbucket Cloud Pipelines (a build may include a deployment step)
Integrating Hipchat with Bitbucket Cloud
Add the Hipchat app to integrate Hipchat with Bitbucket.
- Go to Bitbucket > Settings > Marketplace.
- Click Add on the Hipchat app.
- Click Grant access.
Set up Bitbucket Cloud notifications for Hipchat
You just need to set up each Hipchat room that you want to get notifications in. You can also start in Hipchat to do this.
You'll need to be:
- An admin of the Bitbucket Cloud team that owns the repositories (or the owner of the repo) from which you want to send notifications.
- An admin of the Hipchat room (or the owner of the room) that you want to send Bitbucket Cloud notifications to.
Set up notifications as follows:
- Choose one of the following:
- For a team: From your avatar in the bottom left, select your team or click View all teams for a full list. Click Settings in the sidebar.
- For your user account: From your avatar in the bottom left, select Bitbucket settings.
- Click Hipchat integration in the nav panel, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select the repository you want to send notifications from, and the Hipchat room where you want the notifications to appear.
- Select the notification types you want Bitbucket Cloud to send, then click Done. You'll see a notification in the Hipchat room that confirms that everything is OK. You can modify the notification types later if necessary.
- If you stop a pipeline manually, you'll see a 'Failed' notification in Hipchat (when you have Failed checked).
- If you rerun a pipeline manually, you won't see a 'Started' notification in Hipchat (even when you have Started checked).
Manage Bitbucket Cloud notifications
You can manage your notifications from either your Hipchat room or Bitbucket Cloud repository at any time. You can:
- add new notifications
- change the types of notifications that will be sent
- stop receiving notifications.
To manage notifications in Bitbucket Cloud, go to either your team or repository settings page, and click Hipchat integration.
- To stop a repo from sending notifications to a room, just click .
- To add or modify notifications, click Edit notifications. Click Done when you're finished.
I already have the Hipchat Connector and hook installed
We have an older integration for Bitbucket Cloud and Hipchat. If you're using that, it will continue working and you can reconfigure it, as needed, but it's no longer available to install. Click the following link to see the Hipchat Connector troubleshooting documentation.
This page describes the new, improved Bitbucket Cloud integration for Hipchat. You can easily switch to the new integration by following the instructions on this page to configure it in your Hipchat rooms. Just be sure to disable the old integration to avoid getting duplicate notifications in your Hipchat rooms.
- Log into Hipchat.
- Select the Rooms tab then choose a room with the old connector installed.
- Choose Integrations.
- On the Manage tab, locate the Hipchat Bitbucket Cloud Connector.
- Click on the ellipsis
- Select Uninstall.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each room you want to uninstall the old connector from.