Use the JIRA DVCS Connector Add-on
You can connect Bitbucket Cloud or GitHub accounts with JIRA Software using the free JIRA DVCS Connector add-on. This add-on comes with JIRA Software Cloud. For JIRA Software Server users, this is a system add-on that you can install. Using the DVCS connector, you can:
- Link all or a subset of your existing repositories (both public and private) to JIRA Software.
- Create new repositories and have them link automatically to JIRA Software.
- Create new branches in a repository, and see those branches in the related JIRA Software issue.
- Reference JIRA Software issues from a DVCS commit message and have those commits appear in the Development panel in the JIRA Software issues.
- Create new pull requests from a JIRA Software issue, and see all the related PRs in a JIRA Software issue.
- Transition issues through a JIRA Software Cloud workflow (for example, Close, Reopen, and so forth) using smart commit messages.
For more details, see:
- Linking Bitbucket Cloud and GitHub accounts to JIRA Software
- Streamlining your development with JIRA Cloud
- Bitbucket repositories linked with JIRA Software. Any other DVCS provider accounts would be here as well.
- DVCS account link.
- For JIRA Software Server users, the latest version of the JIRA DVCS Connector is available for download from Atlassian Marketplace.
- The Bitbucket links feature offers a similar functionality for JIRA Software and other services.
- If you want to report a new issue, provide feedback, or require help, please raise a request in the issue tracker for JIRA DVCS Connector project.
Current known limitations of this feature
The following limitations exist for this feature:
- There is no way to link user accounts on JIRA Software with user accounts on Bitbucket. This functionality will come with Atlassian account in the future.
However, when you create JIRA Software users, emails will be automatically sent to the new users, inviting them to join Bitbucket. For details, see Managing Users.
- If you use email addresses to connect Cloud with Bitbucket, repositories cannot be linked and you will see an error similar to the one shown in the screenshot below. To work around this, use your Bitbucket account name instead of email address.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!