Atlassian account for admins
Atlassian accounts are the basis for managing security, users and access control for Atlassian Cloud products. Atlassian accounts provide several benefits for both users and administrators.
Improved login experience for users
- Users create Atlassian accounts themselves, usually in response to your email invitation.
- Users log in with the same Atlassian account for all the Atlassian Cloud products they have access to.
- Users can enable two-step verification on their accounts, to keep their accounts secure even if a password is compromised.
Streamlined identity management for admins
- You don't create accounts for your users – you simply invite them by email and we walk them through the signup flow.
- You don't manage separate accounts for each user on each product – users log in with the same Atlassian account for all your Atlassian Cloud products.
- You have control of user access to the Atlassian Cloud products and resources in your Atlassian sites.
Once you've verified your domains, you can subscribe to Identity Manager for:
- Enforced two-step verification on users accounts
- Password policies
- SAML single sign-on to integrate user authentication with your existing identity provider.
Read more about Identity Manager.