Data storage FAQ
On this page, we answer some commonly asked questions about your data in Atlassian Cloud.
- Are there limits on the amount of data I can store?
- Where is data stored?
- What security procedures are in place to protect my data?
- How should I prepare my data to move to another site?
Are there limits on the amount of data?
See the Atlassian Cloud storage policy.
Where is data stored?
See the Security Statement.
How often is data backed up?
Point in time backups for your instance are taken every 24 hours for purposes of recovery from application failure. Backups are stored at a location separate from the data center. Use of backup data to roll back changes to application data is not supported. Backups are retained for seven days, and then deleted. All backups are encrypted before being taken offsite.
If you need to make an offline backup, take a look at our documentation for each app.
What security procedures are in place to protect my data?
The connection to your site uses SSL during transit to secure and encrypt data. See the Security Statement.
What happens if I want to delete my site?
If you cancel your subscription, the system image and the data stored in it will be deleted within 30 days. Data that's stored offsite will be deleted within 8 weeks.
The events that occur during account cancelation are:
- You cancel your subscription – Your site will remain active until the end of your final subscription period.
- Once your subscription period is finished, your instance will be deactivated shortly afterward.
- Once your instance is deactivated, Atlassian will retain your image and its data for 15 days. During this time, you can have your instance reactivated by renewing your subscription.
- Once 15 days have elapsed after deactivation, Atlassian will delete the system image and all of its data. Once this is done, we can't recover your data.
Your data is retained for 15 days after deactivation. After that time, Atlassian will delete the system image and all of its data. Once this is done, the data cannot be recovered.
How to claim accounts
Once your instance is deactivated, Atlassian will retain your image and its data for 15 days. During this time, you can have your instance reactivated by paying for a new subscription.
How should I prepare my data to move to another site?
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!