19 December 2011
New Confluence features
Confluence OnDemand has been upgraded with a number of new features. These include:
- New border effects for images.
- Autoconversion of links when pasted into the editor. For example, if you paste a YouTube URL into the editor, it will automatically be converted into a Confluence widget displaying the video.
- Find-and-replace feature in the editor. Use Ctrl + F to try it
- New network tab on the Confluence dashboard that allows you to see updates only from people that you follow.
- Global PDF stylesheets that apply to all spaces for exports.
- New translation feature – After opening the Confluence dashboard, append this text to your URL:
?i18ntranslate=onThis will allow you to see the key name for each UI element to aid translations. Turn it off by appending
- Other improvements, including new icons, improved UI for favorites, a global plugin and macro timeout setting, and the ability to use any character in page titles, like semicolons and exclamation marks.
Take a tour of the highlights of the Confluence OnDemand features in this upgrade:
Confluence space importer
It is now possible to import Confluence spaces to Atlassian OnDemand. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to Importing wiki data.
Zephyr Test Management plugin is bundled
Zephyr is now bundled with JIRA OnDemand. You can enable it with just a click and start using the two applications together. Please note that after Zephyr is enabled, the OnDemand data consumed by Zephyr will be exposed publicly.
For instructions on how to enable it, please refer to Connecting Zephyr with JIRA OnDemand.
GitHub/Bitbucket connector improvements
We've tweaked the GitHub and Bitbucket connector configuration in Atlassian OnDemand. Administrators will now be able to connect both Bitbucket and GitHub repositories via the same administration screen. We've simplified the setup process as well.
For instructions on how to use this, see Administering Bitbucket and GitHub with JIRA.