General availability for Atlassian Access
Atlassian Access is the new name for Identity Manager.
The Early Access Program for Identity Manager ended, and Atlassian Access became generally available, on June 4, 2018.
About Atlassian Access
Atlassian Access (formerly Identity Manager) gives you one place to manage and enforce the security and compliance policies required to run your mission-critical Atlassian Cloud products.
Highlights of Atlassian Access
- SAML single sign-on provides easy and secure access for employees by integrating your Atlassian Cloud products directly with top identity providers including Microsoft Azure, OneLogin, Okta, and Centrify.
- Enforced two-step verification adds an extra layer of protection to employees' accounts by requiring a second verification step when they authenticate.
- Password policies ensure that your employees are using best practices for passwords, and enforce strength requirements, expiry dates and more.
- Priority Support is bundled with Atlassian Access and provides one-hour response times 24/7 for critical issues and 24-hour response times for all other issues.
Once you create an organization and verify your domains, all the Atlassian accounts with email addresses from those domains become managed by your organization. You can then subscribe to Atlassian Access to apply security policies over all those managed accounts. Your users with those accounts will be subject to the policies you've set, no matter which Atlassian Cloud products they log in to.
Product availability for Atlassian Access
Atlassian Access operates across all your managed users with access to the Atlassian Cloud products shown here:
|Atlassian Access availability||Jira Software||Jira Core||Jira Service Desk||Confluence||Stride||Bitbucket||Trello|
|SAML single sign-on||Coming soon|
|Enforced two-step verification||Coming soon|
|Password policies||Coming soon|
|Priority Support||Coming soon|
Atlassian Access is not available for Hipchat or Statuspage.
Transition from the Early Access Program to general availability
How does general availability differ from the Early Access Program (EAP)
Compared with the Identity Manager EAP, Atlassian Access general availability:
- Is billable
- Now includes Priority Support
- Now also applies to Bitbucket
- Will also apply to Trello, soon.
How to keep using Identity Manager as Atlassian Access
If you are already subscribed to Identity Manager, you can transition to Atlassian Access, with no loss of service or data. Simply log in to admin.atlassian.com to add your payment details.
See our Pricing and billing for Atlassian Access page for details about how to do that.
How to start using Atlassian Access
If you did not sign up for the Identity Manager EAP, you can easily subscribe to Atlassian Access.
For details about how to begin using Atlassian Access, see Security with Atlassian Access.
Pricing and billing
- Read how pricing is calculated on Pricing and billing for Atlassian Access.
- Get an estimate of what your bill would be for Atlassian Access by going to our pricing calculator page.
Get Priority Support
- Have a technical issue or need support? Contact our support team.
Unsubscribe from Atlassian Access
- Read how to unsubscribe from Atlassian Access, and how your users will be affected by doing that, at Unsubscribe from Atlassian Access.