Integrate with G Suite
Integrating Atlassian Cloud with G Suite
If you've got an existing G Suite user directory, you can integrate G Suite with your Atlassian Cloud site. Once they're connected, you'll have the convenience of using G Suite to manage your Atlassian Cloud users. You can also save setup time by using group-based syncing to import your G Suite user directory and automatically keep their details up to date.
Enable Atlassian account
Before you continue, we highly recommend enabling Atlassian account; our authentication system that lets users log in to all Atlassian Cloud products with a single account and password. If you don't have Atlassian account enabled, managing your G Suite users is a lot harder, and you might get some unexpected behaviour from your G Suite integration.
To enable Atlassian account:
- Select > User management.
- In the left-hand menu, select Atlassian account.
- Select Enable Atlassian account.
What is group-based syncing?
Here's how it works:
- Once you've connected your Atlassian Cloud site with G Suite, you'll be able to select the user groups you want to sync from G Suite.
- Every 4 hours, we'll run a sync from G Suite to Atlassian Cloud. The users in these groups will gain access to your Atlassian Cloud site.
- You'll update your users' details in G Suite, like their name and email address. When we run our sync every 4 hours, we'll update your users in Atlassian Cloud to reflect any updates you've made.
Note: When your site starts using group-based syncing, any G Suite users who already had Atlassian Cloud access will keep their access, even if they're not in a synced group. However, you'll need to add them to a synced group if you want us to automatically keep their details up-to-date in Atlassian Cloud.
For more information about group-based syncing, check out our G Suite FAQs.
Where do I go next?
Since we're still in the middle of introducing group-based syncing, some of our G Suite documentation won't apply to your Atlassian Cloud site. To find out which of our documentation is most relevant to you, take a few minutes to follow these steps:
- Go to
> User management.
- Select G Suite in the sidebar.
- Check if your G Suite screen looks like this:
If you haven't yet set up G Suite integration, your site will have group-based syncing once you set up the G Suite integration. Check out Enable or disable G Suite integration for details.
If your G Suite screen looks like the screenshot above, your site is using group-based syncing. Check out Manage users with group-based syncing.
If your G Suite screen doesn't look like the screenshot above, your site isn't using group-based syncing. Check out Manage users without group-based syncing. Alternatively, you can gain group-based syncing by disconnecting and reconnecting your G Suite integration. Check out Enable or disable G Suite integration for more information.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!