Link to server products from Cloud
Your Atlassian Cloud site can't manage users for server products. You'll have to use the server product's built-in user-management or a local Crowd instance.
Requirements for linking to server products
To set up application links between cloud and server products, you must have administrator permissions on both the cloud and server products. You should also make sure you meet the following requirements:
- The product must be accessible via the ports specified in the Functional differences in Atlassian Cloud page.
- Check that the Base URL for the server product is set correctly.
- If you want to use SSL, you need to use a valid certificate (not a self-signed certificate).
- Your server needs to be reachable by the Atlassian Cloud IP range. See Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains for details on the IP range used by Atlassian Cloud.
- The URL for the product must fulfill the RFC 1738 URL standards.
Link to a server product
- Choose either:
- Jira products: Click Settings > Applications in the sidebar
- Confluence: Click Settings in the sidebar
- Choose Application Links.
- Enter the URL and choose Create new link.
- Use the wizard to complete setup of the application link.
If you want to create a project link (for example, a link between a project in Jira Software Cloud and a Confluence space), follow these instructions for creating a project link. Project (or entity) links are automatically two-way links; you don't need to create a link from your server product to the project in the cloud.
Having trouble integrating your Atlassian products with application links?
We've developed a troubleshoot application links, to help you out. Take a look if you need a hand getting around any errors or roadblocks when setting up application links.