Changes in this month:
28 May 2012
Confluence OnDemand – new features and changes
Adding spaces quickly and simply in Confluence OnDemand
There is a quick Add Space option at the top right of the dashboard, and a simplified Add a space dialog as shown below.
Screenshot: the new UI for adding a space
Screenshot: the previous UI for creating a space
Recommended Confluence content by email
If you sign up for your Atlassian OnDemand site on or after 28 May 2012, Confluence sends out a weekly summary of the top news to your user base. This is turned off for customers who signed up before this date.
A weekly summary is a great way of drawing people into the wiki discussions even if they are infrequent users of Confluence. The report shows the most popular content in the wiki, based on the number of likes and comments, and recently-created pages or blog posts. Confluence gives a higher ranking to activity by people in your network or in your favorite spaces. A link in the email message allows you to choose daily or weekly notifications, or to turn the notification off.
As an administrator, you can set this notification for your user base to be on or off in Confluence OnDemand as needed.
To configure the setting:
- If your site has Confluence only, choose Browse > Confluence Admin. Click Recommended Updates Email in the left-hand panel. Select or clear the Send by default check box to switch it on or off.
- If you site has multiple applications, go to your_username > Administration > Wiki > Configuration > Recommended Updates Email. Select or clear the Send by default check box to switch it on or off.
HipChat plugin available for JIRA
JIRA OnDemand bundles the HipChat plugin and you will get the following features with the plugin:
- You can generate a HipChat notification when an issue goes through a particular transition. To do this, add a post function to the workflow transition you want to notify users about.
- You can apply JQL criteria to a post function to fine tune when a notification is sent as a result of a workflow transition being executed.
For instructions of configuring the HipChat in JIRA, see the Configuring HipChat in JIRA OnDemand page.
The source of the plugin is available at: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/hipchat-for-jira.
Bonfire has been upgraded from 2.1.1 to to 2.1.2. This release is a bugfix release and you can find the details in Bonfire 2.1.2 Release Notes.
Balsamiq has been upgraded from 2.1.6 to 2.1.15.
The Tempo plugin for JIRA has been upgraded from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
The Flowdock plugin has been upgraded from 1.50.1 to 1.50.5.
7 May 2012
Bonfire has been upgraded to 2.1.1. This upgrade includes a number of enhancements and new features, for example:
- improved screenshot annotations
- multiple related issues for a test session
- JQL integration
For the detailed information, check out the Bonfire 2.1.1 Release Notes.
Team Calendars upgrade
Team Calendars has been upgraded from 1.8 to 2.0. Find out what's new by using the following information:
JIRA OnDemand – new features, fixes and changes
Creating issues from email
- configure JIRA OnDemand to read email messages from one or more POP or IMAP mail servers and
- add mail handlers to create new issues or issue comments from any messages received by these mail servers.
Tempo plugin upgrade
The Tempo plugin for JIRA has been upgraded from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124. This upgrade fixed the issue that caused drop-down menus in Tempo to become unusable in last week's OnDemand release. See JRA-27955 for details.
Change to configuring announcement banners
Reiterating a late addition to last week's release summary announcement — if you are configuring an, please note that we changed the formatting functionality of the Announcement field from HTML to wiki markup. Help on wiki markup syntax is provided by clicking the question mark icon under the Announcement field.
HipChat plugin available for Confluence
Confluence OnDemand bundles the HipChat plugin and you will get the following features with the plugin:
- When hovering over a user's username in Confluence, you will see the user's HipChat presence status.
- You can link Confluence spaces with HipChat rooms so that when a new blog post is created in a space, links to the post and the author will be broadcasted in the rooms that are linked with the space.
For instructions of configuring the HipChat in Confluence, see the Configuring HipChat in Confluence OnDemand page.
The source of the plugin is available at: https://bitbucket.org/rmanalan/hipchat-for-confluence.