Security with G Suite
You can integrate your existing G Suite user directory with your Atlassian Cloud site, making domain and user management simpler.
When you manage your users through G Suite, you can import existing users and groups, apply security policies set through G Suite, and manage your users from the G Suite admin pages. After you set up G Suite integration, your users will log in with their Google account by clicking Log in with Google.
Integrating with G Suite has some consequences for your site management:
- If you previously had a password policy that you set from the Site administration, that policy will no longer apply.
- When you integrate with G Suite, your domain gets verified as part of that. As a result, you can't verify that domain from your Atlassian site.
- You can't set up single sign-on with SAML for the Cloud site that you've integrated with G Suite.
Here's how it works:
- Once you've connected your Atlassian Cloud site with G Suite, you'll select the user groups you want to sync from G Suite.
- Every 4 hours, we'll run a sync from G Suite to Atlassian Cloud. The users in these groups will gain access to your Atlassian Cloud site.
- You'll update your users' details, such as their name and email address, in G Suite. When we run our sync every 4 hours, we'll update your users in Atlassian Cloud to reflect any updates you've made.
Any G Suite users who already had Atlassian Cloud access will keep their access, even if they're not in a synced group. However, you'll need to add them to a synced group if you want us to automatically keep their details up-to-date in Atlassian Cloud.
To do a manual resync for G Suite:
- Go to > Site administration.
- Select G Suite in the left-hand navigation.
- On the 'G Suite settings' page, click Sync now at the top-right corner of the screen.