Set the default language
Language settings for all users
You can set the default language for Jira products and Confluence, but you'll need to do it in each product.
By default, Jira Cloud will use the language set by your user's browser. The language you set here will be the language Jira Cloud will display in, if it can't detect the browser's language. This can be overwritten by the individual user, if they've selected a language setting in their profile (see Language settings for individual users below).
- Choose Settings > System in the Jira sidebar
- Choose Edit Settings
- Select your Default language and choose Update.
- Choose Settings in the Confluence sidebar
- Select Languages from the left column
- Choose Edit
- Select your default language and choose Submit.
Language settings for individual users
Each user can select their own language preference. If a user sets a language setting here, it will overwrite the default language setting and Jira Cloud will display in the language they've selected.
- Go to Your profile and settings () > Settings
- Select your language and choose Save changes.
- Go to your avatar > Settings
- Choose Edit, then select your language and choose Submit.
Language settings for Atlassian admin hub
Admin hub uses the default language for the browser you are using. To change the browser language setting, follow the link below for your particular browser:
Atlassian cloud products are available in the following languages.
Jira Core Cloud
Jira Service Desk Cloud
Jira Software Cloud
|Confluence Cloud||Team Calendars for Confluence Cloud|
Portfolio for Jira Cloud is offered in English only.
See Languages for more information on additional languages and related development efforts.