Updating JIRA Avatar Does Not Update Avatars in Other Apps
The JIRA avatar is bound to the JIRA section of Cloud only. We are still working on a way to combine all applications to use one avatar by uploading to the instance itself.
Here are a few improvement requests that we are tracking:
- JST-5120: Combine Profiles
- JST-5500: Ability to set avatar for all areas of Jira Studio (can set for jira, confluence but not fisheye, crucible)
- JST-5693: Consider consolidating profile/avatar configuration
There are two workarounds to ensure the avatars are synchronized across all products:
Method 2: Gravatars
JIRA can also implement Gravatars for a synchronized view with both Fisheye and Bamboo. However, Gravatars are not supported in Confluence just yet. Here is a feature request that depicts this feature: - CONF-19636Getting issue details... STATUS
- To enable Gravatars for JIRA, go to
Administration > Issues > General Configuration > Edit Configurationand select ON under the Use Gravatar for user avatars option.
- For Fisheye, you would need to raise a support ticket for our engineers to enable the user avatars in Fisheye for you, as this feature is restricted from administration.
- Bamboo's Gravatar setting is turned on by default.