Adding and Removing Data Center Nodes
Your Data Center license is based on the number of users in your cluster, rather than the number of nodes. This means you can add and remove nodes from your Data Center cluster at any time.
Adding a node
To add a node:
- Stop Confluence on one node.
- Copy the installation directory and local home directory from the stopped node to your new node.
As the local home directory contains indexes, it is important that you copy a node that has been stopped.
- Start Confluence on your new node.
- Go to > General Configuration > Cluster Configuration and check that the new node is visible.
- Restart the stopped node.
Removing a node
To remove a node, stop Confluence on that node. You can then remove the installation and local home directory as required.
To see the number of nodes remaining go to > General Configuration > Cluster Configuration.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!