Administering a Space
This page gives an overview of the administration functions available in site and personal spaces. You need to be a space administrator to perform space administration functions.
Space administrators can also add and remove links in the space sidebar. See Configuring a Sidebar.
Administering a space
To view the space tools page:
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Permissions on the sidebar.
- The 'Space Permissions' page displays.
The administration options are divided into the following categories. Some options may not be applicable for personal spaces.
- Content Tools
- Templates - see Working with Templates
- Orphaned Pages - see Managing Orphaned Pages
- Undefined Pages - see Managing Undefined Pages
- Attachments - see Viewing Attachment Details
- Trash - see Purging Deleted Pages and Restoring a Deleted Page
- Export - see Exporting Confluence Pages and Spaces to Other Formats
- RSS Feeds - see Using pre-specified RSS feeds
Import - see Importing Pages from Disk. Not available for personal spaces.
- Look and Feel
You can also customise the sidebar, including changing the space logo and adding shortcuts to other spaces - see Configuring a Sidebar for more information.
Administering a space that uses the Documentation theme
In this theme the standard Confluence sidebar is replaced by a page navigation sidebar. As a result the layout of the space administration options are slightly different.
To view the space admin page:
- Go to the space you wish to manage.
- Choose Browse > Space Admin at the top of the screen.Note: The 'Space Admin' option appears only if you have space admin permissions for the space or you have System Administrator global permissions.
- The 'Space Details' page displays.
For spaces using the Documentation theme, the administration options are divided into the following categories:
- Look and Feel
- Import Pages from Disk – see Importing Pages from Disk.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!