Connecting to HSQLDB using DBVisualizer or HSQL database manager
Below are step by step instructions on how to Configure DBVisualizer or HSQLDB Database Manager and connect it to HSQLDB.
On this page:
Connecting using DB Visualizer
- Download and install the latest copy of DBVisualizer.
- You will also need to download a copy (preferably the latest version) of HSQLDB
- Extract the contents of the HSQLDB archive
- Ensure that Confluence is not running.
Please ensure that you read and follow the instructions below carefully.
1. Enter Connection Name
- Click on the icon highlighted in Red
- Enter an identifiable name for the connection. e.g. conf2.5.4-std
2. Select JDBC Driver
- From the drop down list select HSQLDB Embedded
- Click on Load Driver Files
- Browse to directory where the
HSQLDB.jarfile is located. Confluence bundles this and it can be found at
3. Select Database Path
- Browse to your
- Open the Database folder
- Select the
4. Enter Connection Details
- Remove the ".properties" from the end of
- Type in sa for the username
- Leave the password field blank
refer to the example screenshot above if you are unsure
5. Connect to embedded Database
- Click on Test Connection to verify that the details are correct.
- Click on "Finish" to complete the setup
- Select the connection from the list on the left hand side.
- You can now click on "Connect" to connect to the embedded database.
Connecting using HSQL Database Manager
Alternatively, you can use HSQLDB's database manager. Just copy the value of
hibernate.connection.url in confluence.cfg.xml as the URL and you're good to go.
Below are step by step instructions on how to Configure HSQL DB Manager and connect it to HSQLDB:
- Download and extract the latest copy of HSQL DB
- Navigate to
hsqldb-x-x-x/hsqldb/bin, and run runManager.bat
Copy the URL value in your hibernate.connection.url parameter in
For the example above, you should copy: jdbc:hsqldb:C:\reproduce\atlassian-confluence-5.4.4\c544homeHSQL/database/confluencedb;hsqldb.tx=MVCC
- In HSQLDB Manager's Connect dialog, paste the URL
Leave the Password empty, and User as "SA"
- Click OK
You can now run queries in the query window. For example:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!