Creating a Page using a Template
You can create a page based on a global template (available to all spaces) or a space template (available only to that space). Before reading this page, make sure that someone has already created a template on your Confluence site.
Information copied from the template to the page
When you create a page based on a template, Confluence will copy the following content and information from the template to the new page:
Form fields displayed by the template
If the template author included variables in the template, Confluence will display a form prompting you to supply values for the variables when you add the page.
Using a template to create a page
To create a page based on a template:
- Choose Create on the header
- Select a space and the template you want to use and choose Next
- If the template contains variables, you will now see a form. Type the relevant information into the form fields, and choose Next.
- Now you will see a new page based on the template. If you added information in the form fields, the page content will include that information.
- Type a name for the page where you see 'New Page'.
- Add more content or make any other changes required.
- Choose Save.
Screenshot: Form showing template variables when creating a page from a template
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!