Editing User Details
To update a user's details:
- First, go to the user management screen for the user concerned. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to the user's Profile and click the 'Administer User' link on the user's profile screen.
- Or, Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration.
- Select the link 'Manage Users' in the left-hand panel.
- Locate the user by doing a search on the username or the groups to which they belong.
- Click the user link.
- Now you should be able to see the user's current details and links allowing you to edit them.
- View Profile — View the user's profile.
- Edit Groups — Add or remove this user from a group.
- Edit Details — Change details such as the user's name, email address, contact details and team or department information. In some instances you may be able to change usernames as well - see Changing Usernames for information.
- Set Password — Edit the user's password details.
- Delete — You can delete a user permanently if the user has not added or edited any content on the site.
- Disable — You can disable (i.e. deactivate) access for a user who has already added or edited any content on the site.
Screenshot: User details
Multiple user directories:
You may define multiple user directories in Confluence, so that Confluence looks in more than one place for its users and groups. For example, you may use the default Confluence internal directory and also connect to an LDAP directory server. In such cases, you can define the directory order to determine where Confluence looks first when processing users and groups.
Here is a summary of how the directory order affects the processing:
- The order of the directories is the order in which they will be searched for users and groups.
- Changes to users and groups will be made only in the first directory where the application has permission to make changes.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!