Migrating from HSQLDB to MySQL
MySQL Migration Toolkit is released by the makers of MySQL and as such, problems with the software should be directed to them. Atlassian Support does not offer support for the Migration Toolkit, nor do we provide support for this migration path. These instructions are offered for strictly informational purposes, and your mileage may vary.
- Empty MySQL DB with appropriate credentials to allow creation, deletion, and insertion of tables and rows.
- A Windows machine that can both communicate to the Confluence server and the destination DB.
- MySQL Migration Toolkit
- HSQL Database Engine
Preparation for migrating to MySQL from HSQLDB
- Shutdown Confluence
- Make a copy of the confluence home folder for backup purposes
- Install the Migration Toolkit
- Unzip the hsqldb package.
- Copy the hsqldb.jar from hsqldb/lib into C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0\java\lib
- Start the MySQL Migration Toolkit
Running the Migration Toolkit
You should be presented with the following screen.
Choose Direct Migration
No password. Leave this field blank
Connecting to Servers
You should see the toolkit trying to connect. If you have problems, please click on the advanced options and sql will show you debugging information. Click Advanced to see the log. If you see "Java Heap Space: Out of Memory", you can start the MySQL Migration Toolkit with a -Xmx flag to allocate more memory to the JVM.
After this screen you should come to reverse engineering. Click next.
Source Schemata Selection
You should see 2 databases, INFORMATION_SCHEMA and PUBLIC. Choose PUBLIC
Object Type Selection
Object Type Mapping
Click Show Details on both sections. For Migration Method for Type Schema, choose Multilanguage. For Migration Method for Type Table, choose Data Consistancy/Multilanguage
Click Advanced. Check Enabled Detailed Mappings in Next Step
Detailed Object Mapping
Click to rename the destination database to be the one set aside to migrate to.
From this point on, you should be able to click next all the way through to finish the migration.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!