Space Permissions Overview
Every space has its own independent set of permissions. Space permissions can only be granted by a space administrator.
Permissions can be assigned to individual users, groups or anonymous users.
These are the permissions that can be assigned at the space level:
- View: user can view this space's content, including the space's details, and its pages and news items (blog posts)
- Add – user may create and edit pages in this space.
- Restrict – user may apply page-level restrictions.
- Delete – user may delete pages in this space.
- Add – user may add and edit blog posts in this space.
- Delete – user may delete blog posts in this space.
- Add – user may make comments in this space.
- Delete – user may delete comments from this space.
- Add – user may add attachments in this space.
- Delete – user may delete attachments from this space.
- Delete – user may delete individual mail items.
- Export – user may export content from this space via the space-level export screens. Note that this permission does not affect the exporting of a single page's content. Anyone who has permission to view the page also has permission to export its content.
- Admin – user has administrative permissions over this space.
Warning: If you deny all administrative access to a space by mistake, so that nobody has access to administer the space any more, you will need to ask someone with Confluence Administrator global permission to restore the permissions for you.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!