Customizing Default Space Content
The following variables are available to be added to the default space content templates.
- $spaceKey - inserts the space key into the site space homepage
- $spaceName - inserts the space name into the site space homepage
- $userFullName - inserts the user (owner of the personal space) into the personal space homepage
- $userEmail - inserts the email address of the user (owner of the personal space) into the personal space homepage.
Default space templates differ from ordinary page templates in that they do not present the user with a form to complete, so variables should be limited to those listed in the Variables menu.
Some macros, such as the Table of Contents macro, may not display correctly when you preview the template as they are designed to work on a page. The macros will display correctly on the home page when you create a new space. For more information on editing a template, including adding macros see - Adding Content to a Template.
Reset the original default content
To reset the original default content:
Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
- Choose Global Templates and Blueprints in the left-hand panel.
- Choose Reset to default next to the template you wish to reset.
From this point on, all new space home pages will be created with the original default content.