Start your trial
First you need to set up a trial. If you already have Confluence, you can skip this step.
Set up your Confluence Trial
Signing up for a Confluence Cloud trial will provide you with a fully-functional Confluence site hosted in the cloud, which is free for seven days – no credit card required.
- Go to http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/try/
- Read the Trial FAQ (Don't skip this step; the FAQ has some important information)
- Click Start Free Trial
- Follow the prompts to set up your trial
Tips when signing up:
- 10 users is enough for this tutorial, and you can always add more later.
- You won't need any applications other than Confluence, but feel free to add any that interest you.
- You can choose to keep your site after your trial. Keep this in mind when picking a site address.
That's it! It'll take a few minutes for your trial to be provisioned, and we'll send you an email when Confluence is ready.
If you can't use Confluence Cloud, you can install the trial version of Confluence Server instead. Go to http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/try/ and choose Start Free Trial.
To install the Confluence Server trial on Windows:
- Download the Confluence Windows Installer file for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows
- Run the installer, choose an installation directory, a home directory, and a port ('8090' will do)
We recommend you choose to install Confluence as a service.
Confluence will start automatically when the installer finishes. The installer will also add Windows 'Start' menu shortcuts which you can use to start and stop Confluence.
To access Confluence, go to your web browser and type this address: The Setup Wizard will guide you through the process of setting up your Confluence server and creating an administrative user..
Refer to our full installation instructions for more info.
To install the Confluence Server trial on Linux:
- Download the Confluence Linux 64-bit / 32-bit Installer (.bin) file
- Open a Linux console and change directory (
cd) to the '.bin' file's directory
- Execute the '.bin' file to start the console wizard
- Follow the prompts.
The console wizard will install Confluence onto your operating system and will start Confluence automatically when the wizard finishes.
To access Confluence, go to http://<computer_name_or_IP_address>:<HTTP_port_number> (
<computer_name_or_IP_address> is the name or IP address of the computer on which Confluence is installed and
<HTTP_port_number> is the HTTP port number specified during installation.
The Setup Wizard will guide you through the process of setting up your Confluence server and creating an administrative user.
Refer to our full Installation instructions for more information.
Installing Confluence as a production system on a Mac is not supported, however for the purposes of evaluating, you should be able to install Confluence Server locally on your Mac.