Configuring Time and Date Formats
You can localize the formats that Confluence uses to display dates and times within the web interface. The settings use the syntax of Java's SimpleDateFormat class, as described in this document: Java SimpleDateFormat.
There are three time and date format settings:
- Time format: Used when displaying only the time of day. For example, when a blog post is published. Example of configuration:
- Date time format: Used when displaying both the date and the time of day. For example, in historical versions of pages. Example of configuration:
MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm
- Date format: Used when displaying only the date. For example, the creation and most recent modification dates of pages. Example of configuration:
MMM dd, yyyy
To change the time and date formats:
Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
- Choose General Configuration in the left-hand panel.
- Choose Edit.
- Enter the values for Time Format, Date Time Format and Date Format, to suit your requirements.
- Choose Save.