Customize your Space
If you have space admin privileges, you can change your space name and logo, or use Atlassian Marketplace themes to change the whole look of your space.
Change the space name and logo
- Choose Space settings
- Change the space name:
- Choose Edit space details
- Type in a new space name and Save
- Change the space logo:
- Upload an image
- Adjust the image's size to fit within the highlighted circle, then Save
On this page:
You can't change the space logo for your personal space, which uses your profile picture as the space logo.
Customize your sidebar
Hover over the bottom right of the space sidebar, and click on the pencil icon that appears to start customizing your sidebar:
Sidebar with edit icon (left), and sidebar while editing (right)
- Show or hide content types: Don't use a blog in a particular space? Click the cross to hide it. Need it back again? Hit the plus to bring it back. You can do this for your overview, blog, and any add-on content types, such as questions or calendars.
- Add space shortcuts: Add important content to your sidebar using space shortcuts. You can link to pages in the space, other related spaces, or relevant external web content.
- Drag to reorder: Reorder your links and content types by dragging and dropping.
Apply a theme to a space
Themes are used to change the appearance of your space. Confluence comes with a default theme, but your Confluence Administrator can download and install other themes from The Atlassian Marketplace.
Once a theme is installed, it can be applied to the whole site, or just to individual spaces.
To apply a theme to a space:
- Click on the space name in the sidebar and choose the cog icon (, then open up the )Look and Feel tab
You'll need space admin permission to do this.
- Choose Themes and pick a theme option
- Hit Confirm
What's the global look and feel?
Global look and feel refers to a theme that's applied at the site level, and applies to all newly created spaces. Changes made to the global look and feel will flow through to all spaces that inherit it.
If a space has its own theme applied, it won't inherit changes from the global look and feel.
To go back to inheriting the global look and feel, choose Global look and feel from the Themes tab.