User Email Visibility
Confluence provides three options for email address privacy which can be configured by a Confluence administrator from the Administration Console:
- Public: email addresses are displayed publicly.
- Masked: email addresses are still displayed publicly, but masked in such a way to make it harder for spam-bots to harvest them.
- Only visible to site administrators: only Confluence administrators can see the email addresses. Note that, if you select this option, email addresses will not be available in the 'User Search' popup (e.g. when setting Add or Remove Page Restrictions).
To configure user email visibility:
- Select Settings in the Confluence sidebar
- Choose 'Security Configuration'.
- Choose 'Edit'. The fields on the 'Security Configuration' screen will be editable.
- Select one of the options from the 'User email visibility' dropdown: 'public', 'masked', or 'only visible to site administrators'.
- Choose 'Save'.
Screenshot: Email Visibility