Bitbucket: Connect Bitbucket Server to JIRA Software Server
Can I connect Bitbucket Server to JIRA Software Server?
You can integrate Bitbucket Server with one or more instances of JIRA Software with 'application links'. You set up application links either:
- During the Bitbucket Server install process, using the Setup Wizard,
- At any time after installation, as described below.
To link Bitbucket Server to a JIRA Software server:
- Click Application Links (under 'Settings') in the Bitbucket Server admin area.
- Enter the URL for the JIRA Software instance you want to link to and click Create new link.
- Complete the application link wizard to connect Bitbucket Server to your JIRA Software server. You must make use of the automatic link-back from JIRA Software to Bitbucket Server to get full integration (you'll need system administrator global permission for that).
- Atlassian only recommends using OAuth authentication for application links, because of the greater security inherent with that protocol. We no longer recommend the Trusted Applications and Basic Access authentication types.
- When Bitbucket Server 4.0 or later is linked with JIRA Software 6.2 or later, you won't see the Source tab at the bottom of View Issue screen anymore.
- Bitbucket Server only begins scanning commit messages for issue keys on the first push after you created the application link to JIRA Software – the scan may take a short time.
- The following system plugins must be enabled in Bitbucket Server. These are bundled and enabled by default in Bitbucket Server 4.0 (and later):
- Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
- Bitbucket Server Dev Summary Plugin (bitbucket-jira-development-integration-plugin).
See Link Atlassian applications to work together for more details.
Click here for more details on connecting Bitbucket Server with JIRA Software Server.