Jira Core: Features & Functions
What are the features of Jira Core?
The Jira platform is, at its core, our workflow engine that allows you to track issues or tasks through a predefined and customizable workflow. These tasks can be organized by project, allowing for the entirety of your organization to track their issues at a project level with complete transparency using granular user permissions.
- Business project templates: There are out-of-the-box business project templates to manage simple & complex tasks or workflows. You can customize the templates to match how your team works and fit your requirements.
- Issue details: Thanks to Jira's issues, the details of every task, plus comments, attachments, and due dates are stored in one place.
- Notifications: Use @mentions to get the attention of specific team members and stay informed with handy, detailed notifications. Your users will know right away when something is assigned to them, and when their feedback is required.
- Power search: The search tool helps to find specific answers: a due date, the last update of a task, or tasks still in progress.
- Reports and Dashboards: You can create reports and dashboards to help you understand how your team is doing.
- Boards (Cloud only): Jira Core Cloud instances have boards that give teams an immediate snapshot of their project. Quickly review project progress and see the status of individual tasks. Boards match the steps of a team's workflow and adapt to how each team works.
- Business users
- Legal teams
- HR teams
- Non-technical teams
- Marketing teams
- Financial teams
- Operation teams
- Services teams
The main functionality available only for Cloud and not for Server are boards. You can check here the limitations of the Cloud deployment.
- Product documentation on Cloud
- Product documentation on Server
- Jira Core blog post
- Try Jira Core for free