Jira Service Desk: Automation
What kind of automation comes with Jira Service Desk?
Automation uses simple WHEN/IF/THEN logic to trigger actions based on criteria that you choose. You can read about automating your service desk with Jira Service Desk Cloud as well as with Jira Service Desk Server.
Automation rule templates:
Jira Service Desk comes with several automation rule templates, such as Reopen on Customer Comment, At-risk SLA alert, Update Jira linked issues, Triage requests sent by email, and more. You can use these preset rules out of the box, or edit preset automation rules as well.
Custom automation rules:
You can also build a custom rule, opening up loads of possibilities for what you can automate. Edit issue fields, assign to specific agents, build you own email notifications, and much much more.
- Creating a custom automation rule with Jira Service Desk Cloud
- Creating a custom automation rule with Jira Service Desk Server
Differences between Cloud and Server:
Jira Service Desk Cloud offers the ability to automate the creation of an issue as well as creating a linked issue in the THEN step of a custom automation rule (see "Create Issue" in the THEN column of creating a custom automation rule). This is also outlined in a blog post on automatically creating linked issues from new requests.
Please note this particular functionality is not yet available with Jira Service Desk Server. Feel free to vote on the feature request, Create Linked Issue Automation Rule, in our Jira Service Desk Server project of our public issue tracker.
For futher differences between Jira Service Desk Server and Jira Service Desk Cloud, feel free to reference:
- Jira Service Desk Server release notes
- What's New with Atlassian Cloud (refer to the Jira Service Desk section in each post)
We also offer apps in our Atlassian Marketplace that provide functionality beyond what comes out of the box. A few apps include:
- Automation for Jira or Automation Lite for Jira Cloud
- Power Scripts for JiraScript Automation
- Automation Tools for Jira orAutomation Tools for Jira LITE
- Gaia Activity - Task Creation Automation
- Run CLI Actions in Jira
- Jira Command Line Interface
Feel free to browse all apps providing automation functionality compatible with Jira Service Desk with this filter.