JIRA Software: Migrating from Cloud to Server
In JIRA Software, how can I migrate from Cloud instance to Server?
To migrate from JIRA Software Cloud to the Server instance, you need to download and install the latest production release of JIRA server applications. Check the JIRA application download page for the latest version. Once you have installed the latest production version, then move your data from your hosted JIRA cloud application site into your new JIRA server application instance.
- For all the procedures, you need to log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
Refer here to know the information you should be aware of before starting the migration.
If you want to move a project, not your entire site, then see Restoring a project from backup (note, the instructions on that page consider the version mismatch between JIRA Server and Cloud applications). Here are instructions on how to migrate from JIRA cloud instance to Server.
- 1. Generate a backup of your JIRA cloud application data
- 2. Install JIRA server applications
- 3. Import your JIRA cloud application data into your JIRA server application
- 4. Copy across attachments
- 5. Change the system administrator password
- 6. Check which plugins are installed on your JIRA cloud application site
- 7. Install plugins (add-ons)