Migrating from server to cloud
Before migrating, make sure you check out the Atlassian Cloud Migration Center. There, you'll find information to help you plan your migration, migrate successfully, and optimize your cloud experience.
- Migrate Confluence Server to Confluence Cloud: You can import all your content from Confluence Server into your Confluence Cloud site using the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence. Learn more at Plan your Confluence Server to Cloud migration.
- Migrate Jira Server to Jira Cloud: You can import your Jira Server data to Jira Cloud using site import and export. Find out how at Plan your Jira Server to Cloud migration.
- Migrate both Confluence and Jira Server into single cloud site: You can migrate Jira Server as a full site export and import. See Plan your Jira Server to Cloud migration for details. If you're migrating Confluence Server to an Atlassian Cloud site which also includes Jira, you will need to use space by space import using the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence after migrating Jira, along with your users, to your cloud site. For details, refer to Plan your Confluence Server to Cloud migration.
- Migrate Bitbucket Server to Bitbucket Cloud: It's easy to import a repository. If you have multiple repositories, you can automate the import. You'll need to create your own script using the Bitbucket Cloud API to automate the import from existing repositories.
- Users and groups: To import a list of users and groups to Atlassian Cloud, review the documentation here.
Apps: While some apps exist in both cloud and server environments, several exist only in one environment. Check the Atlassian Marketplace to see if apps you're interested in are available in your new environment. Keep in mind that cloud apps are licensed and paid for separately from server apps. Learn more at Atlassian cloud vs server apps.
- Support: Need more support with strategy, best practices, or planning questions? Our migration planning specialists can help with planning your migration from server to cloud. Technical question or issue? Get in touch with our Technical Support team. For more migration planning information and FAQs, visit the Atlassian Cloud Migration Center.