How to change the default Confluence icons
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
This guide explains how to modify the default Confluence icons to match your corporate colors or logos.
In the example below, the focus is on this Home icon:
IMPORTANT: As with all recommendations made by Atlassian Support, please follow best practices for Change Management and test and validate these settings in a Test/Development and Staging environment prior to rolling any changes into a Production environment. This is to validate these changes and ensure that they will function well within your infrastructure prior to placing these changes in production.
- Shutdown Confluence
- Navigate to <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins/
Make a backup copy of confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar, for example:
$ cp confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar.bak
- Rename confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar to confluence-icons-1.0.8.zip
- Unzip confluence-icons-1.0.8.zip
- Navigate into confluence-icons-1.0.8/assets/icons
- The orange home icon is named: confluence-icon-home.svg
- Replace this with your new icon using the same name, filetype, and dimensions
- Repeat step 5 for any other icons needing modification
- Re-zip the parent folder & files into confluence-icons-1.0.8.zip
- Rename confluence-icons-1.0.8.zip to confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar
- Move your backup file confluence-icons-1.0.8.jar.bak to another location for safekeeping
- Start Confluence
These changes will be overwritten during an upgrade and require you to perform the above steps again.