Confluence Inline comments are being resolved automatically when using UI Steps macro
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Inline comments are being resolved automatically when the page is published without any changes or when users are added to page restriction.
- Confluence Server or Data Center
- RefinedToolkit for Confluence 2.2.5
After publishing a page without making any changes to it or editing the page restrictions, inline comments are suddenly resolved. This can be confirmed by checking the "missing" comments in the Resolved Comments section.
- To go to the Resolved Comments section on a page, click on the ellipsis (. . .) on the upper right corner
- Click on Resolved Comments
- Look for the missing comments from the page.
The problem is not recorded in the application logs so it's only visible in the UI.
The error is only present in pages with the UI Steps macro, however, the comments that are getting resolved automatically may be or not inside the UI Steps macro.
There's a problem with the macro that has not been identified by Atlassian but is resolving the inline comments.
- Update the RefinedToolkit for Confluence by following this guide.
- If the problem remains, contact vendor support here.