Keyboard shortcuts perform system actions instead of editor functions
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
When editing a page in Safari, sometimes, the keyboard shortcuts will use functions from the system/browser instead of the editing functions. For example, Command+I (for Italic) will open a new mail draft instead of toggling italics.
- Confirm that other browsers are not impacted.
- It works intermittently.
While editing a page, this might happen if:
- The cursor is selecting the title of the page. This will trigger the browser/system keyboard shortcut functions as it will not be interacting with formatting and editing tools that are only available in the body of the page.
- If the edit mode has not fully loaded yet. Since the editing functions will not be available until it fully loads (new/current editor), the keyboard shortcut functions will not be interactable even by clicking on them.
- If the cursor has not selected any part of the editor, which would not trigger the interaction between the keyboard and shortcuts from the editor.
For each scenario, a different solution can be used:
- Tap the page's body instead of the title.
- Wait for the page's content to be fully loaded and then, tap the editor prior to using keyboard shortcuts.