When applying a new license key to Confluence, I get an error XSRF check failed
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
XSRF check failed error message appears when updating the license in Confluence
- Confluence Server and Data Center
When applying a new License to Confluence, we get the error as below:
The most common cause is that the Server Base URL is not matching the one you are using to access Confluence.
- Please make sure that you have the same Base URL you are using to access your instance;
- This is the most common issue.
- Something might not be correctly configured in your proxy if you are using any. For further reference, please check this document:
- We might want to disable temporarily the XSRF check on Confluence as mentioned in this document - Configuring XSRF protection
- We might want to bypass the proxy if you have any and access Confluence directly to manually update it;
- We, of course, can always have the ability to change the license manually through the confluence.cfg.xml file: