7.2 Resetting your password
The CrowdID 'Login' page allows you to reset your password. This is useful when you have forgotten the password. Crowd will send you an email message containing a unique, randomly-generated URL. When you click the link on that URL, you will go to a screen where you can choose your own new password.
To reset your password,
- Access CrowdID.
- The CrowdID login page will appear. Click the link labeled 'Can't access your account?'.
- The 'Help! I forgot my login details' screen appears. Select the option labeled 'I have forgotten my password'.
- A panel opens where you can enter your username. Enter your Crowd username and click the 'Continue' button.
- You will receive an email message containing a link to a unique, randomly-generated URL. This link remains available for 24 hours. Click the link in the email message or copy the URL to your browser address bar.
- The 'Reset Password' screen appears. Change your password to one you can remember easily.
The password reset email will contain a link based on the
crowd.server.url from the crowd.properties file. If the public address is different you may set
- 1. Getting started with CrowdID
- 2. Logging in to a website using OpenID
- 3. Viewing your always-approved websites
- 4. Viewing your login history
- 5. Updating your profile
- 6. Using more than one profile
- 7. Changing or resetting your password
- 8. Requesting Forgotten Usernames
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!