Importing Users from Jive Forums
If you have already been using Jive Forums, and are now configuring Jive Forms as a Crowd application, you will probably want to import your existing Jive users and groups into a Crowd directory.
Before you begin:
The database drivers for the Jive Forums database will need to be on Crowd's classpath. To do this, simply copy the database driver JAR for your particular Jive database across to
CROWD/apache-tomcat/common/lib and restart Crowd.
Note: the passwords for users in Jive will not be copied across to Crowd as they are stored as hashes in Jive's internal database.
To import users and groups from Jive Forums into a Crowd directory,
- Login to the Crowd Administration Console.
- Click the 'Users' link in the top navigation bar.
- This will display the User Browser. Click the 'Import Users' link.
- This will display the 'Import Type' screen. Click the 'JIVE' button.
- This will display the 'Options' screen. Complete the fields as follows:
- 'Directory' — select the directory that is mapped to the Jive Forums application.
- 'DB URL' — type the URL of Jive's database.
- 'DB Driver' — type the name of Jive's database JDBC driver.
- 'Username' — type the username of the database user that Crowd will use to login to Jive's database.
- 'Password' — type the password of the database user Crowd will use to login to Jive's database.
The import process will log in to the database, not to Jive Forums.
- Click the 'Continue' button to import the users from Jive Forums into your Crowd directory.
- The 'Status' screen will be displayed, showing how many users and groups have been imported into your Crowd directory.
- Click the 'Users' button to view and manage the imported users and groups via the Crowd Administration Console (assuming the directory's permissions allow this).
Screenshot: 'Import Jive Users'
- Using the Directory Browser
- Adding a Directory
- Configuring an Internal Directory
- Configuring an LDAP Directory Connector
- Configuring a Remote Crowd Directory
- Configuring a Custom Directory Connector
- Configuring a Delegated Authentication Directory
- Configuring Azure Active Directory
- Configuring Caching for an LDAP Directory
- Using Naive DN Matching
- Specifying Directory Permissions
- Importing Users and Groups into a Directory
- Importing Users from Atlassian Confluence
- Importing Users from Atlassian Jira
- Importing Users from Atlassian Bamboo
- Importing Users from Jive Forums
- Importing Users from CSV Files
- Importing Users from One Crowd Directory into Another
- Configuring directories for failover authentication