Redirected to the login screen with no errors when attempting to log in to any Atlassian applications
- Users keep getting redirected to the Login screen while attempting to login to any Atlassian applications (Confluence, JIRA, Crowd, etc)
- No errors thrown in the application's logs or Crowd's logs, or in the UI. In fact, based on the logs, authentication should be successful
- SSO is enabled in the connected apps
- The number 1 cause for this is browser caches. Clear all browser caches and cookies and try again.
- If step 1 doesn't resolve the issue, try to disable SSO in the external applications and see if they are able to login
- Try to reset the SSO domain via: Resetting the Domain Cookie Value , and make sure that your applications sit in their individual context paths, with the following domain examples:
Then try to login again via the applications' new URLs
If step 2 resolves the issue, but steps 1 and 3 doesn't, proceed with the Resolution
Inconsistencies between crowd.properties in each applications'
WEB-INF/classes vs the crowd.properties in the Crowd Home Directory.
Compare the crowd.properties in each applications'
WEB-INF/classesvs the crowd.properties in the Crowd Home Directory
application.name c42 application.password admin application.login.url http://localhost:8240/crowd/console/ crowd.server.url http://localhost:8240/crowd/services/ crowd.base.url http://localhost:8240/crowd/ session.isauthenticated session.isauthenticated session.tokenkey session.tokenkey session.validationinterval 2 session.lastvalidation session.lastvalidation
Crowd Home Directory:
session.lastvalidation=session.lastvalidation application.password=S1ec9spk session.isauthenticated=session.isauthenticated application.name=crowd crowd.server.url=http\://127.0.0.1\:8240/crowd/services/ session.validationinterval=1 session.tokenkey=session.tokenkey application.login.url=http\://localhost\:8240/crowd cookie.tokenkey=studio.crowd.tokenkey
- Make sure that the session.tokenkey, session.isauthenticated, session.lastvalidation, and crowd.base.url is identical, and that there are no additional attributes such as cookie.tokenkey that is not present in the applications.
- For the example above, notice that there is an extra
cookie.tokenkey=studio.crowd.tokenkeywhich is not present in Confluence's crowd.properties
- Removing the cookie.tokenkey line tend to resolve the issue completely
- Restart JIRA and Crowd after making changes