JIRA Agile Labs enables our customers to test some exciting new functionality within JIRA Agile, giving you a sneak preview of new features coming in future releases of JIRA Agile.
Please note that Labs features represent work-in-progress and are not supported by Atlassian. They may be incomplete, or may change before being incorporated into the product (some Labs features may never be incorporated into the product). We try to keep Labs features stable, but please note that we cannot guarantee that data used while evaluating a Labs feature will be completely intact.
Enabling Labs features
To switch 'Labs' on:
- Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
- Select JIRA Administration from the top bar, then select Add-ons > JIRA Agile.
OR, if you are using JIRA 6.0 or later, click the 'cog' icon in the top bar, select Add-ons, then scroll down the page to the JIRA Agile section.
- Under JIRA Agile Labs, select the features that are of interest to you.
FROM JIRA AGILE 6.0.3 Parallel Sprints
Turn on Parallel Sprints to enable multiple active, parallel sprints. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own sprint.
Please note the following caveats with this simple approach:
- The Velocity Chart will not show the velocity per team.
- The current implementation assumes that the teams perform estimation identically, which is unlikely in practice.
Please note that this feature is still undergoing development and may change from its current implementation.