- Identify the Issue where the estimate was mistyped and note the Project and Issuenum IDs.
- Run the following SQL to identify the Project ID:
select id, pname from project;
- Next, identify the Issuenum ID:
select issuenum from jiraissue where project=<PROJECT_ID> and summary=<SUMMARY>;
Replace <PROJECT_ID> with value found in query above, and replace <SUMMARY> with the applicable Issue's summary, to easily locate it.
- Now we are ready to look up the estimates:
select * from jiraissue where project = <PROJECT_ID> and issuenum=<ISSUE_ID>;
Replace <PROJECT_ID> and <ISSUE_ID> with the values found earlier.
- With the jiraissue table updated, the last step is to remove the entries referring to the changes made, stored in changeitem and changegroup tables. To locate the entries that are relevant here, run the following SQL:
select pkey, CG.ID, CI.ID, FIELD, OLDVALUE, OLDSTRING, NEWVALUE, NEWSTRING from changegroup CG left join changeitem CI on CG.id = CI.groupid left join jiraissue JI on CG.issueid = JI.ID where JI.issuenum = <ISSUE_ID> order by CG.CREATED asc;
(i) Replace <ISSUE_ID> with the value found earlier.
- This should return results similar to these, where Issue Key is 'SSPI-13':