Platform Notice: Server, Data Center, and Cloud By Request - This article was written for the Atlassian server and data center platforms but may also be useful for Atlassian Cloud customers. If completing instructions in this article would help you, please contact Atlassian Support and mention it.
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
- User is receiving "workflow action invalid" error when moving an issue between columns
- Once the user closes the error, the issue appears to have been moved/transitioned succefully.
When making the following actions...
1) Go to our an Agile Board.
2) Add an issue from the backlog into the sprint.
3) Progress the issue across the columns until it get to a certain column where the error is shown.
It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (XXXXXX) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (XXXXXX). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details. Please refresh the issue and try again.
No errors are recorded in the log files.
A certain transition in the workflow is corrupted. The cause of this corruption is unknown.
Delete the affected transition and create a new one. ( Re-create )
1. First copy the affected workflow
2. On the copied workflow ,you will need to delete the the corrupted transition from the appropriate steps , then recreate a new transition on the appropriate steps.
3. Publish the workflow.
4. Now go back to Workflow Schemes
5. Locate the affected workflow scheme , click Edit
6. Click Add Workflow > Add Existing
7. Then pick the newly copied workflow with the re-created transition from above.