You manage users and groups in OnDemand from a central user management portal in OnDemand. As an OnDemand administrator, your user management tasks can include:
- Creating and deleting users and groups - Users give people access to OnDemand applications, and groups make it easy to manage a large set of users by allowing you to make changes to user access and permissions in bulk.
- Controlling which applications user have access to - Application access controls which applications users can log into (and the license use for an application).
- Controlling what permissions users have in applications - When users (or groups of users) have access to an application, they are added to a group that controls what users can see and do in that application by default. See Default groups and permissions in Atlassian OnDemand. Within each application, you can use additional permissions to control what users can do.
Manging users and groups in Confluence-only OnDemand is a little different, so information on managing users is described in different pages. There are also a few pages that cover the extra information you need to know for managing users with Google Apps.
See these topics for information on managing users and groups in OnDemand:
- Managing users
- Managing groups
- Managing application access
- Managing users and groups with Google Apps
- Managing Confluence-only OnDemand Users