You can add an application to your Application Links suite via the JIRA or the Confluence administration screens. The added application will then appear in the list on the administration screen where you added it.
Now you need to synchronise with the other applications in the Application Links suite. This will let the other applications know that a new application has been added to the suite. For example, if you added a Confluence application via the JIRA administration screens, you should synchronise so that the Confluence application knows it is linked to JIRA.
- Log in to JIRA as a system administrator.
- Go to the 'Administration' screen.
- Click the 'Application Links' link. The 'External Application Links' screen will appear, as shown below:
- Click 'Synchronize' next to the relevant application instance.
Synchronising the applications will:
- Create an application instance on the remote instance, pointing back to this instance.
- Copy all the other instances configured on this instance to the remote instance.
For example, let's say you have the following application instances configured on JIRA:
- A Confluence instance
- A FishEye instance
- A Crucible instance
When you click the 'Synchronize' link next to the Confluence instance in JIRA, that Confluence instance will now have:
- Your JIRA instance
- The FishEye instance as configured on JIRA
- The Crucible instance as configured on JIRA