Triggering a build on schedule can allow a team to structure the day according to a predictable schedule. Note that scheduled builds are run regardless of whether or not any code changes have occurred. There are two ways to schedule a build:
- Single Daily Build —
A single daily build runs at a time of your choice. This is particluarly suitable for builds that take a long time to complete.See 3.3.1 Scheduling a Single Daily Build.
- Cron-Based Scheduling —
A cron-based schedule allows you to schedule builds according to a flexible cron expression. For example, "0 0/30 9-19 ? * MON-FRI" would trigger a build every half-an-hour from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday. See 3.3.2 Specifying a Cron-based Schedule.
- 3.1 About Build Triggering
- 3.2 Triggering a Build when Code is Updated
- 3.3 Triggering a Build on Schedule
- 3.4 Triggering a Build when another Build finishes
- 3.5 Triggering a Build Manually