On this page:
1. Check the System Requirements
Please read the Supported Platforms page before you install Bamboo. The Supported Platforms page lists the applications servers, databases, operating systems, web browsers and JDKs that we have tested Bamboo with and recommend.
While some of our customers run Bamboo on SPARC-based hardware, Atlassian only officially supports Bamboo running on x86 hardware and 64-bit derivatives of x86 hardware.
Servlet Container Requirements
If you are using the Bamboo EAR-WAR distribution, you will need a servlet container that supports the Servlet 2.4 specification. Most modern containers should comply to this.
2. Choose your Bamboo 'Distribution':
Bamboo is available in two 'distributions' — Standalone or EAR-WAR. The Standalone distribution is recommended (even for organisations with an existing application server environment).
- Pre-packaged with the Jetty application server
- Requires virtually no setup
- Recommended for all users
- Deploys into an existing application server
- Requires manual configuration
- Suitable only for system administrators