On this page:
1. Check the System Requirements
Please read the Supported Platforms page before you install Bamboo. The Supported Platforms page lists the applications servers, databases, operating systems, web browsers and JDKs that we have tested Bamboo with and recommend.
While some of our customers run Bamboo on SPARC-based hardware, Atlassian only officially supports Bamboo running on x86 hardware and 64-bit derivatives of x86 hardware.
Servlet Container Requirements
If you are using the Bamboo EAR-WAR distribution, you will need a servlet container that supports the Servlet 2.4 specification. Most modern containers should comply to this.
2. Choose your Bamboo 'Distribution':
Bamboo is available in two 'distributions' — Bamboo or Bamboo EAR-WAR. The Bamboo distribution is recommended (even for organisations with an existing application server environment).
- Pre-packaged with the Jetty application server
- Requires virtually no setup
- Recommended for all users
Bamboo EAR-WAR Distribution
- Deploys into an existing application server
- Requires manual configuration
- Suitable only for system administrators
3. Next Steps
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the Bamboo Installation
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to install Bamboo, please check for known Bamboo issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of Bamboo after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the Bamboo Knowledge Base. Please check the known issues in the Bamboo Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the Bamboo installation? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the Bamboo Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.