The instructions on this page describe how to view the build results for a Plan.
Every completed build has a build result:
- 'Successful' — the code compiled, with or without errors, and all tests completed successfully.
- 'Failed' — either the code did not compile, or at least one test failed.
- 'Incomplete' — the build was not completed, e.g. it may have been stopped manually.
- if the build result is 'Failed', and the previous build result was 'Successful', the build is said to be 'Broken'.
- if the build result is 'Successful', and the previous build result was 'Failed', the build is said to be 'Fixed'.
Viewing the Most Recent Job Build Result of a Plan
To view the most recent Job build result of a Plan:
- Go to the Dashboard.
- Locate the plan in the list, then click the Build Number.
Viewing all Build Results for a Plan
To view all build results for a plan:
- Navigate to the desired Plan, as described on Working with Plans. The ten most recent builds will be displayed in the 'Recent History' section on the 'Plan Summary' tab.
- Click the 'History' tab to view all builds for the Plan.
Viewing all Build Results for a Job
To view all build results for a Job:
- Navigate to the desired Job, as described on Working with Jobs. The ten most recent builds will be displayed in the 'Recent History' section on the 'Job Summary' tab.
- Click the 'History' tab to view all builds for the Job.
A build result looks like this:
Screenshot above: Build Result Summary
- The 'Summary' tab (shown in the screenshot above) displays a snapshot of the build result. You can also click the 'Comment' button to add a comment.
- Click the 'Tests' tab to view the build's test results.
- Click the 'Changes' tab to view the code changes that triggered this build (if applicable).
- Click the 'Artifacts' tab to view any artifacts relating to this build.
- Click the 'Logs' tab to view a complete build log.
- Click the 'Metadata' tab to view any metadata that relates to this build result.
- Depending on how your Bamboo administrator has configured the system, the following additional tabs may be available:
Viewing the Code Changes that Triggered a Build
Viewing a Build's Artifacts
Viewing a Build Log
Viewing the Metadata for a Build Result
Rerunning a Failed Stage
Stopping an Active Job Build
Stopping an Active Plan Build