JIRA Capture includes browser extensions for all the major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. The browser extension allows you to capture issues in your JIRA projects directly from any web page, take and annotate screenshots, use issue templates, manage test sessions, and much more.
Before you begin
Check whether your browser's version is supported for the JIRA Capture browser extension on JIRA Capture Compatibility Chart. Note that JIRA Capture does not currently support any mobile browsers (iOS, Android, etc.).
You will also need the JIRA Capture plugin installed on your instance of JIRA before the extensions become available. Otherwise, you will not see the 'Test Sessions' menu in your JIRA site.
Downloading the JIRA Capture Extension
To download the JIRA Capture browser extension, navigate to Test Sessions (menu in the JIRA header) > Get JIRA Capture Extension. JIRA Capture will detect your current browser for downloading the extension.
Installing the JIRA Capture Extension
- After clicking the Download JIRA Capture link, click "Allow".
- When prompted Install JIRA Capture.
- Restart Firefox.
- Start JIRA Capture for Firefox by clicking the icon in the toolbar in the top right. Alternatively, you can start JIRA Capture by going to Tools > JIRA Capture in the Firefox menu.
- After clicking on the "Download JIRA Capture" link, click "Continue" at the bottom left of the screen.
- When prompted, "Install" JIRA Capture.
- To start JIRA Capture for Chrome, click on the icon in the toolbar in the top right.
- After clicking the Download JIRA Capture link, double-click
jira-capture-latest.safariextzin the Downloads dialog.
- When prompted, Install JIRA Capture.
- To start JIRA Capture for Safari, click on the icon in the toolbar in the top left.
- After clicking the Download JIRA Capture link, click Run to begin the JIRA Capture installer.
- When prompted, click Run to launch the JIRA Capture Internet Explorer plugin installer. Please ensure Internet Explorer is closed for the installer to run.
- After the installer is complete, restart Internet Explorer.
- To start JIRA Capture for Internet Explorer, click on the icon in the toolbar. If this icon isn't visible, you can also start JIRA Capture by going to the View menu and selecting Explorer Bars > JIRA Capture.
Please note, for JIRA Capture to operate correctly, you must ensure that cookies are enabled on your browser.
Connect JIRA Capture Extension to JIRA
After installing the JIRA Capture extension for your browser, you will be prompted to log in to your JIRA server by providing a user name and password.
To reconfigure your connection to the JIRA server, you can click the "cog" icon in JIRA Capture above the tabs: