This page is for installing the JIRA server plugin only.
For instructions on installing the JIRA Capture browser extensions see Getting JIRA Capture for your browser.
1. Check compatibility
Before installing JIRA Capture, please check that JIRA Capture is compatible with your version of JIRA and browsers at the JIRA Capture Compatibility Chart.
2. Get your license
Visit https://my.atlassian.com to get a license key for JIRA Capture, and save it.
3. Install JIRA Capture
- Navigate to the Add-ons page in the administration console by doing the following:
Choose the cog icon at top right of the screen, then choose Add-ons.
Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing Find New Add-ons.
- Type 'JIRA Capture' in the Search the Marketplace box and press Enter.
- Click the Buy Now button for JIRA Capture. A confirmation message and the plugin details will display, if it is installed successfully.
4. Activate JIRA Capture
- Navigate to the Add-ons tab in the administration console again.
- Choose JIRA Capture License in the left menu.
- You will be directed to the 'Manage Add-ons' page where you will be prompted to enter your license for JIRA Capture.
If you are not redirected to the 'Manage Add-ons' page, then it means your version of JIRA does not have this feature. Instead you will be taken to the JIRA Capture License page where you may enter your license.